GIS application in agriculture has been playing an increasingly important role in crop production throughout the world by helping farmers in increasing production, reducing costs, and managing their land resources more efficiently. GIS application in agriculture such as agricultural mapping plays a vital role in monitoring and management of soil and irrigation of any given farm land. GIS agriculture and agricultural mapping act as an essential tools for management of agricultural sector by acquiring and implementing the accurate information into a mapping environment. GIS application in agriculture also helps in management and control of agricultural resources. GIS agriculture technology helps in improvement of the present systems of acquiring and generating GIS agriculture and resources data.
AABSyS IT uses GIS application in agriculture sector such as GIS agriculture for improving present method of acquiring and generating agricultural and resources data.
The company uses different spatial, spectral and temporal resolutions for:
- Crop mapping yield estimation
- Crop assessment and Crop health
- Irrigated landscape mapping
- Application development for GIS agriculture
- Soil and irrigation amendment analysis
- Suitability assessment studies
- Erosion identification and remediation
- Agricultural mapping for detailed vegetation cover and monitoring
- Change detection studies and developing crop models
- Damage and land degradation assessment studies
- Elevation models for efficient drainage
These studies and projects can be executed on any standard GIS formats using high end software such as ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine/ER Mapper, MapInfo and AutoCAD Map, and ArcFM.