The client, a leading utility distribution company in Germany for Electricity, Gas and Water, requires digitization of electrical distribution network. AABSyS was required to capture the electricity network with details such as high, medium, low voltage cables and objects such as stations, distributors, joints etc. along with the streetlight and house service cables in detail scale asset data into GIS using SmallWorld 4.1 platform. Data such as paper maps, ground cadastre map data etc. were supplied by the client. AABSyS partnered with an authorized SmallWorld solution and GIS Service provider for the project.
- Three weeks onsite training on source data structure, specification, methodology and pilot data capturing was given to AABSyS’s senior management.
- AABSyS deployed as many as 75 resources; where 50 people were in production, 15 people were in Quality Check and 10 people were in project coordination, doubt clarification and management.
- The project was executed on CITRIX mode by accessing the remote server at customer end in Germany.
- AABSyS captured high, medium and lower voltage cables, streetlight cables, and communication and house connections as per the dimensions with reference to the original raster maps. The team rerouted voltage cables along the street with reference to the original raster maps.
- Various quality check procedure such as automated query checking, spot checking was done to ensure error free maps
- Our partner had provided their developed easy tools to expedite the data capturing process. The project was executed on CITRIX mode by accessing the remote server at customer end in Germany.
- Medium Voltage cables were supplied directly connected from station to station.
- All the electrical stations, distributors, joints, protection ducts were captured with their attributes. A standard 0.3 m distance was maintained between each cable.
- All features captured in details scale then transferred to overview scale. Internal schematic maps for transformers and distributors were prepared.
- Dimensions such as, linear, orthogonal, chain type were placed as per the raster maps
- Each map was plotted and checked against the original scanned maps to ensure the 100% capturing of the data.
- The client is a leading utility distribution company in Germany for Electricity, Gas and Water, located in Germany. The flawless maps created by AABSyS were useful in making informed decisions.
- AABSyS has a track record of supporting some of the prestigious Electrical, Gas and Telecommunication utility majors in Europe, Australia and US, for their GIS data conversion and software automation projects, in diverse set of GIS platforms including AutoCAD, SmallWorld, SpatialNet, Network Engineer and MicroStation.