The world is developing at an astonishing rate and while this development has aided in improving the quality of life, it has also escalated the unaccounted consumption of natural resources. GIS for Environmental Management acts as important management tool that helps in maintaining sustainability of natural resources, environment management. The environmental reforms and policies have grown leaps and bounds from the times of its foundation and therefore the use of modern technologies is inevitable. Modern day technologies like GIS for Environmental Management can help in understanding the effects on the environment from an inter-disciplinary aspect. This holistic approach is not only benefits the flora and fauna but also benefits mankind by achieving sustainable development using GIS for Environmental Management.
AABSyS IT has extensive GIS for Environmental Management experience in the following fields:
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies which define the status of environment (like air quality, water quality data etc.).
- Creating maps that assist in management of environment in times of natural disaster.
- Thematic maps focusing on development and loss of habitat for specific flora and fauna
- Wild life management for endangered species
- Carbon Mapping
- Geospatial Livelihood planning
- Spatial Data modelling
- Corridor Mapping
- Thematic maps focusing on areas such as water management, air quality management and waste management.
AABSyS IT caters to the need of creating deliverables of GIS for Environmental Management for various governmental and privately owned organisations. The environmental data for various developmental initiatives is created and stored in multiple GIS formats using high end software such as ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine/ER Mapper, MapInfo and AutoCAD Map, and ArcFM.