There are more than a million cemeteries in the United Kingdom. The effective management of these cemeteries require a centralized cemetery management system. The customer is a UK-based solutions provider for cemetery GIS data integration services, who requested AABSyS support to prepare a GIS data based on a variety of inputs.
- The scope of work involved data capture and representation of cemeteries in a geospatial environment
- AABSyS undertook a careful geo-referencing of the overview maps of the cemeteries
- Section maps were “rubber-sheeted” over the overview maps
- Digitization was done keeping in mind the uniform size of the cemeteries
- Attribution was made based on the textual data provided by the client
- The data underwent thorough quality checks to be part of the client’s GIS data model
- The final data becomes part of a central database of the client’s cemetery management system
- A team of skilled GIS experts was assigned for completion of the project
- The team at AABSyS used up-to date software such as AutoCAD Map, MapInfo and high resolution satellite images available in the public domain to complete the given task.
- AABSyS was in continuous correspondence with the clients using instant communication platforms, E-mails and status updates in order to solve any queries and share the status of progress
- The project was delivered in a phased manner and was successfully completed in a year’s turnaround time
- AABSyS has been providing GIS services for more than 17 years now
- The client, a leading provider of UK-based solutions provider for cemetery GIS data integration services, was content with the final website and accuracy of the GIS data
- The client appreciated the work done at AABSyS as the deliverables were provided in a time bound, cost effective manner. An extensive quality assurance procedure ensured a flawless execution of the project