The customer, a leading largest Utility Distribution Companies (for Gas/Water/Electricity) in Germany and some more countries in Europe, required construction of electrical cables and devices on pre-vectorized ground cadaster map and auto-grouped all objects with their corresponding descriptions into block-structure. The customer possess scanned images of plans, detail sheets of stations & transformers and details of house connections.
- Raster images (in TIFF format) containing the electrical distribution network were digitized on pre-digitized ground cadaster maps in DXF format. Through rubber sheeting the raster images were fit on the ground cadaster maps.
- The scanned images were plotted and electrical network information (cables, substations, transformers, street lights, etc.) was drawn as per dimensions on ground cadaster map using self-developed automated programs in AutoLISP.
- The digitized electrical entities and descriptions were grouped as Block structures for easy import easily into client’s GIS system and were delivered in DXF format.
- A database containing specifications such as cable numbers, year of installation, type and length of cable, capacity was created. The database was linked to the corresponding cable on the map.
- Structures such as substations, poles and devices such as transformers, switches, pads, manholes and corresponding information were placed as block attributes on the map.
- Final quality control included the use of tailor made automated programs and manual tracking before delivery in DXF format.
- AABSyS used heads up digitization for conversion of the products. AABSyS team used techniques such as manual digitizing, coordinate conversion, rubber sheeting and merging for timely completion of the project.
- Few indigenous auto lisp routines were developed in order to expedite the drafting process and assure quality assured floor plans.
- The team at AABSyS used high end, up-to dated software such as AutoCAD, Estate Manager, Archibus, Admin, etc. to complete the given task.
- AABSyS was in continuous correspondence with the clients in order to solve any queries.
- The team at AABSyS quickly understood the requirements and expectations of the project and AABSyS completed the project in the stipulated time frame.
- The client, the largest Electricity Distribution Company in Europe required the project to be completed in a time bound and cost effective manner for easy maintenance and monitoring of the city’s Electrical Distribution Network.
- The indigenous online query management system ensured that only relevant questions were asked by the AABSyS team.
- The team at AABSyS ensure that the project was completed in least possible time frame.