The customer, a leading largest Utility Distribution Companies (for Gas/Water/Electricity) in Germany and some more countries in Europe, required construction of electrical cables and devices on pre-vectorized ground cadaster map and auto-grouped all objects with their corresponding descriptions into block-structure. The customer possess scanned images of plans, detail sheets of stations & transformers and details of house connections.
- Raster images (in TIFF format) containing the electrical distribution network were digitized on pre-digitized ground cadaster maps in DXF format. Through rubber sheeting the raster images were fit on the ground cadaster maps.
- The scanned images were plotted and electrical network information (cables, substations, transformers, street lights, etc.) was drawn as per dimensions on ground cadaster map using self-developed automated programs in AutoLISP.
- The digitized electrical entities and descriptions were grouped as Block structures for easy import easily into client’s GIS system and were delivered in DXF format.
- A database containing specifications such as cable numbers, year of installation, type and length of cable, capacity was created. The database was linked to the corresponding cable on the map. Structures such as substations, poles and devices such as transformers, switches, pads, manholes and corresponding information were placed as block attributes on the map.
- Final quality control included the use of tailor made automated programs and manual tracking before delivery in DXF format.
- AABSyS used heads up digitization for conversion of the products. AABSyS team used techniques such as manual digitizing, coordinate conversion, rubber sheeting and merging for timely completion of the project.
- Few indigenous auto lisp routines were developed in order to expedite the drafting process and assure quality assured floor plans.
- The team at AABSyS used high end, up-to dated software such as AutoCAD, Estate Manager, Archibus, Admin, etc. to complete the given task.
- AABSyS was in continuous correspondence with the clients in order to solve any queries.
- The team at AABSyS quickly understood the requirements and expectations of the project and AABSyS completed the project in the stipulated time frame.
- The client, the largest Electricity Distribution Company in Europe required the project to be completed in a time bound and cost effective manner for easy maintenance and monitoring of the city’s Electrical Distribution Network.
- The indigenous online query management system ensured that only relevant questions were asked by the AABSyS team.
- The team at AABSyS ensure that the project was completed in least possible time frame.