The customer, the largest Utility Distribution Company in Europe, required AABSyS to prepare digital topographic maps of two districts of Romania. The company needed an integrated Geographical Information System with a consolidated central repository of all network and assets.
The main challenge was to utilize the existing CAD / CAFM data that exist in various formats (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.) and migrate them into a single network system using GE SmallWorld.
AABSyS was provided with all the source documents such as, Scanned Mylar Maps, AutoCAD Dwgs, and Microstation DGN files.
- As the scope of work was to verify all the source documents, index each of them and finally capture 1500 mile of Gas mains and associated assets, the following solution was offered:
- The existing data was indexed and migrated to Small World Platform and standardized to bring all the data on a single network system.
- The 1500 miles of Gas mains and associated assets were converted for the project.
- Then the Gas mains and assets were attributed as per the scanned Mylar maps.
- AABSyS is equipped with the right software for the creation of contours and terrain models from the contours.
- The team at AABSyS used high end, up-to dated software such as AutoCAD, ArcFM, CITIRIX, Microstation and SmallWorld etc. to complete the given task.
- The project was executed in Online mode by connecting Customer server and accessing / editing data using CITRIX, thereby, securing the customer data.
- An Online Query Resolution System was set up for quick and better response time.
- AABSyS was in continuous correspondence with the clients using Online Query Resolution System.
- The team at AABSyS understood the requirements and expectations of the project and completed the project in the stipulated time frame.
- The timely delivery helped the client who required the project to be completed in a time bound and cost effective manner for easy maintenance and monitoring of the city’s Gas Distribution Network.
- The indigenous online query management system ensured that only relevant questions were asked by the AABSyS team.
- The team at AABSyS was pro-active in ensuring production of high quality, flawless maps.