The customer, the largest Utility Distribution Companies (for Gas/Water) in Switzerland was required to work on migration of Water Distribution Network to a mainstream GIS system for easy maintenance of network resources. AABSyS was a sub-contractor for seamless Data Migration of AutoCAD DWG data to Microstation DGN format. The customer supplied the necessary map-tiles and original scanned paper maps.
Solution OfferedAABSyS assigned a highly skilled four member team to completed the given task. The team followed the following steps:
- The AutoCAD Layers were renamed to suit to Microstation standard layer structure.
- The AutoCAD map-tiles were geo-referenced using supplied ground control points from customer.
- AutoCAD DWGs were imported into Microstation.
- Edge matching was done for each map-tiles and network connectivity was made.
- A customized tool was used to tag the Annotation to their respective objects (polyline or point objects).
- Visual QC was done against the supplied scanned paper maps to ensure against data loss during migration and network connectivity at edge of each map-tile.
- The customized tool was used to ensure the tag in Annotation.
- A team of highly skilled executives was assigned to complete the project. The work was meticulously divided amongst the team members to work on sub tasks of the project.
- Two resources worked on data completion and migration, one resource worked on Quality Assurance. Another resource was assigned to ensure team coordination, customer interaction, planning, management and delivery.
- The team at AABSyS used high end, up-to dated software: AutoCAD and Microstation to complete the given task.
- Few indigenous auto lisp routines were developed in order to expedite the drafting process and assure quality assured floor plans.
- AABSyS was in continuous correspondence with the clients in order to solve any queries and incorporate any suggestions.
- AABSyS has been providing of Orthophotography services to its clients worldwide for many years now.
- The client, a prestigious technical research institute used the ortho-photo provided by AABSyS in making informed decisions about the concerned area of land.
- The client appreciated the work done at AABSyS as the deliverables were provided in a time bound, cost effective manner.
- An extensive quality assurance procedure ensured delivery of perfect 3D Digital Maps.