AABSyS Information Technology Private Limited, a leading GIS, CAD, software and IT outsourcing company in India, showcased at GeoUtilities Conference-2014 at London on 28-29 January 2014.
The GeoUtilities Conference was a two day long event with which was attended by more than 120 stake holders from the Utility industries from the different parts of the world. The event saw many speakers from the utility industry giving an insight of various dimension of the industry. It was unanimously concluded that the GIS practices are indeed an integral part of the Utility industry.
Some of the presentations that were given on day one of the conference are:
- Transforming Operations at Sutton & East Surrey Water by Mr Jeremy Heath, Sutton & East Surrey Water.
- Managing Alliander’s Gas & Electricity Networks by Mr Jeroen Van der Zwan, Alliander, Netherlands.
- It’s not about maps – It’s about data! by Mr James Brayshaw, Pitney Bowes Software.
- Optimizing emergency water supply at Anglian Walter by Mr Alaric Parsons, Anglian Walter
- Maps and Apps: Transforming utilities by making GIS pervasive and simple by Mr Tom Coolidge, ESRI.
- Bench Mark your asset location and mapping strategies to bridge the gap between your current operations and the best practice benchmark by Mr Nick Hancock, Wales & West Utilities.
- The Changing role of GI Champion by Ms Denise McKenzie, Open Geospatial Consortium.
Some of the relevant presentation of Day two were:
- Examining mobile solutions to integrate gis and work management, by Ms Caroline Cooper, South Staffordshire Water.
- Case study on using GIS across the enterprise at Network Rail by Mr Ian Chambard, Network Rail.
- Disruption of the network – The emerging IT and Geospatial technologies set to transform utilities: how you or your organisation can benefit, by Mr Phil Francis, Rolta.
The conference was one stop destination for GIS Utilities industry due to the vigorous presence of all its the major players, such as Rolta, Cognisant, Emapsite, ESRI, Map Info, Ispatial.
Mr Arun Patnaik, CEO, AABSyS, represented the company said, “The conference gave vital insight to AABSyS on the way stake holders from utility industries are depending on GIS to enhance their decision making and improving performances and efficiencies. We have gained much knowledge about international market and would be incorporating the same in our future ventures.”